Note: As I mentioned before, the new year is bringing about major new changes. While web development is one of my favorite hobbies, fitness is now taking over the top spot. And this is a long-term trend. Once things settle back down, I will be doing more development, but fitness still comes first.
For this reason, I’m shifting things around. I’ve done this before, but now I know how I want things. All of my development have moved over to OrangeRiverDev.com and GeoffreyShilling.com will now be my personal blog. I also had an old domain I was using for household tips and recipes – that hadn’t been updated in years – and those posts have been transferred here as well. This was a tough call to make, but it all comes down to having your priorities in line.
About Our Recipes
Aloha and e komo mai (welcome, come in)! This is a site designed primarily as a handy spot for our ʻohana’s recipes and other information. Since you’re here, hopefully you’ll find something you enjoy too!
- Recipes. This is going to be an easy way for us to keep track of some of our favorite recipes. This is going to become even more useful because we’ve started having the kids be the “head chef.” During our meal planning for the week, I have each kid pick a meal. The rest of us help as needed, but they’re running the show. The kids are 11 and 5 but they both enjoy cooking. Keep in mind you’ll need to take their maturity level into account when deciding what they should and should not do.
- Planning. I don’t have anything ready to share just yet, but I’m going to be posting what works for us as far as meal planning. We had been planning our meals for the week on Sunday and that was working great. The kids each pick a meal every week and they are the head chef. We’ve also started doing themed nights and will probably rotate these:
- Macaroni Monday: Some kind of macaroni and cheese
- Taco Tuesday: A taco-themed meal of some kind
- Wacky Wednesday: Breakfast for supper
- Toss-Up Thursday: Leftovers if we have them, otherwise anything goes
- Funday Friday: Pizza
- I’m always looking for ways to save more time. Starting this month I asked everyone for meal suggestions and we created a calendar of meals for the week.
- Freezer/crock pot meals are awesome. We’ve also tried freezer meals a couple times. The biggest one we did was making six meals in just over an hour. We will be doing more of these.
My name is Geoffrey and I created this page as a time-saver for our family. Besides being a husband and father (and big kid), I’m also a volunteer firefighter, an Electronics Technician in the United States Navy Reserve, a hobbyist code developer, runner, and have a day job working in IT. There is never enough time in the day.
Want to learn more? You can find more about me at GeoffreyShilling.com.